At Synergy our goal is to connect markets to make a difference for a sustainable future. To achieve this goal we maintain an environment of attracting, keeping and stimulating talent.
Our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We’re proud that our core values define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences: Passionate, Driven, Creative, Authentic.
If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you!
EVENT COORDINATOR - 16 February 2018
We are currently seeking a Passionate, Driven, Creative, Authentic Event Coordinator to augment our Operations Team.
- Working with venues and catering suppliers; create catering concepts for exhibitors/delegates/visitors;
- Managing AV and other technical suppliers;
- Ordering of furniture and equipment needed onsite;
- Set-up of the Summit;
- Delivery of the features on the exhibition floor (e.g. Hubs, Premium Lounge, etc); keep budget in mind and make sure it fits the look&feel of the event;
- Assisting with delivering sponsor and exhibitor benefits: Communication with Exhibitors and Sponsor, execution of exhibitor benefits;
- Producing correct and detailed information for exhibitors/sponsors and liaising with the Project Team and different suppliers;
- Meeting rooms; selling meeting rooms to exhibitors / keep budget up to date/report numbers to Sales / onsite delivery of the rooms and contact person during the whole process;
- Managing of events budgets and cash flow and forecasting;
- Working closely with the project team to determine the overall look of the event /delegate experience;
- Designing and coordinate onsite schedules (including day to day / deliveries / security / hostess / etc);
- Overviewing registration process from set up to ongoing registration process to onsite execution together with Head of Operations;
- Methodical filing and record keeping;
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite. The ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environment is important;
- Post-show evaluation and development;
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions.
Working closely with the team:
- Conference producers: assist with speaker arrangements / onsite process of SRR and the presentation system;
- Sales Managers: close contact with Sales Team regarding floor plans, sponsorships and Exhibitor/ sponsor information;
- Finance: communication on cost forecasting and cost keeping.
- To ensure that the events run smoothly, professionally and come in on budget;
- To develop the ‘look’ of the event and improve the comfort of the surroundings for delegates/speakers, exhibitors/ sponsors and visitors;
- To maintain good levels of communication between exhibitors, suppliers and the venue management;
- To ensure clear and timely communication of operations between all departments and team members.
- 3+ year experience in a similar role in the event industry, preferably in the exhibition/conference industry
- Speak/write/read English fluently
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasker (sometimes in a hectic environment)
- Team player
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE - 16 March 2018
The role includes all aspects of the marketing campaign of a large-scale conference and exhibition with the main focus on digital marketing, social media, startups, young talent programmes and exhibitor promotion.
As Marketing & Communication Executive you are responsible for supporting the coordination of the marketing and communication strategies. You have good and open communication skills, you are flexible, have a strong attention to detail, love multi-tasking abilities and are keen to work in a young and dynamic team!
Synergy offers a friendly working environment and an opportunity to those that prove themselves, for further responsibility.
- Manage and optimize content, updates and design of websites
- Execute all social media strategies (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Coordination, creation and execution of e-newsletters and email campaigns
- Monitoring and providing marketing deliverables for media and other partners such as startups, students, speakers, exhibitors, ambassadors and sponsors
- Client liaison: receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement inbound telephone queries and registration
- Execute and develop visuals for all marketing materials (brochures, onsite signage, online campaigns, etc.)
- Management of database and data build
- Execute survey execution and summaries
- Edit, proofread and improve the content
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
Job skills and interests:
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with managing marketing automation systems is a plus, especially PARDOT
- Affinity with digital and social content marketing tools (paid and organic search, SEO, video, content creation, email marketing, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Experience with basic HTML is a plus
- Experience with management (administrator) or CRM systems
- Basic Photoshop experience is a plus
- Ability to think out of the box and develop creative solutions
- Ability to plan efficiently and effectively
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Be a team player
The closing date is March 30th.
If you haven't received a response after closing date you can assume your application has not been taken forward.
Please email applications to:
Mirella de Graauw